CONE BEAM CT 3D SCANS FOR VISUALIZING BONE VOLUME IN THE JAW, PRIOR TO SURGERY (PART 2)
Keywords: denture, missing teeth, best option for missing teeth, loose dentures, best replacement for missing tooth, dental implant, implant crown, implant bridge, implant denture, implant tooth
HOW IS IT THE CONE BEAM SCAN TAKEN?
Kanata Implant Bridge Carleton Place
A cone beam CT scan is taken by a CBCT machine. The unit has a C-shaped arm or gantry that rotates around the head, in a full 360-degree rotational motion. While rotating around the patient, the machine captures multiple images from various angles, which are then combined and reconstructed to create a single image in 3-D.
The X-ray source and detector are mounted on opposite sides of the C-shaped arm or gantry, and they rotate in unison. In a single rotation, the detector can generate between 150 to 500 high resolution two-dimensional (2D) images, which are then digitally combined to form a 3-D dental image. This 3D image provides your dentist or oral surgeonwith valuable information about your oral health and cranofacial condition.
HOW IS THE PROCEDURE CARRIED OUT?
Kanata Implant Crown Carleton Place
You will be asked to stand in front of the unit, or sit in a chair, depending on the type of cone beam CT scanner used. Your dentist or oral surgeon will position it so that the area of interest is centered in the beam. You will be asked to hold still while the X-ray source and detector rotate around you 360 degrees. This process can typically take 20 to 40 seconds for a full volume or scan. This particular X-ray provides highly detailed and valuable images of tooth and jaw structures in the specified area.
WHAT WILL I EXPERIENCE DURING AND AFTER THE PROCEDURE?
Kanata Implant Teeth Carleton Place
You will not feel any pain or sensation while the cone beam CT scan is taken, and you will be able to return to your normal activities once the scan is complete.
WHO INTERPRETS THE RESULTS AND HOW DO I GET THEM?
Kanata Dental Implant Carleton Place
Your dentist, oral surgeon, or radiologist will analyze the images. They can report the results directly to you or to your referring doctor or dentist.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS AND RISKS?
Kanata Implant Bridge Carleton Place
- The focused X-ray beam reduces radiation exposure, resulting in better image quality.
- A single scan produces a wide variety of views and angles that can be manipulated to provide a more complete assessment.
- Cone beam CT scans provide more information than conventional dental X-rays, allowing more precise treatment planning.
- Cone beam CT is painless, non-invasive, and accurate.
- A great advantage of CT is its ability to image several teeth, bone and surrounding structures all at the same time.
- The CT scan provides minimal radiation to the patient (equivalent to a set of regular dental intra-oral x-rays taken at your hygiene appointment.)
- Cone Beam CT provides far less radiation to the patient than a regular CT
- The amount of radiation exposure with a cone beam CT is very low. However, there is still exposure involved, which is why they should only be taken if required in order to make an adequate diagnosis and treatment plan. The benefits of an accurate diagnosis far outweigh the risks of taking an image.
- Because children are more sensitive to radiation, they should have a CT scan only if it is absolutely necessary in making a diagnosis and treatment plan.
See you at the next article!
Marchwood Dental Clinic specializes in implants crowns, implant bridges, implant dentures and aesthetic treatments, focusing on the oral and dental health of patients in Kanata, Carleton Place, Almonte, Carp, and all of West Ottawa. We offer many treatment options and alternatives with cutting-edge technology to guarantee the quality of our service.
Contact us and schedule your appointment at Marchwood Dental Clinic serving Kanata, Carleton Place, Almonte, Carp, and all of West Ottawa today. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram for more information.
missing tooth KANATA PARTIAL DENTURE OR best option for missing teeth
Do you know how to choose the best Kanata implants, PARTIAL DENTURE OR best option for missing teeth in Kanata implant bridge? Not everyone is concerned with researching before opting for the best dental professional or clinic responsible for the health of their teeth – dentures Kanata implant denture. However, know that it is important to analyze in detail who will do your dental treatments and loose dentures.
Kanata implants: Best dental professionals for dental PARTIAL DENTURE OR best replacement for missing tooth Carleton Place
HOW TO CHOOSE THE IDEAL PARTIAL DENTURE best replacement for missing tooth? Kanata: UNDERSTAND WHAT ARE THE CRITERIA TO DECIDE WITH WHICH PROFESSIONAL TO START TREATMENT
Carleton Place IMPLANTS
Kanata implant denture Carleton Place
Kanata denture Carleton Place
Kanata missing teeth Carleton Place
Kanata best option for missing teeth Carleton Place
denture, missing teeth, best option for missing teeth, loose dentures, best replacement for missing tooth, dental implant, implant crown, implant bridge, implant denture, implant tooth