DENTAL IMPLANTS VS PARTIAL DENTURE OR DENTAL PROSTHESES
CARLETTON PLACE IMPLANTS ALMONTE
There are several conditions that can arise when a person suffers the loss of one or more teeth: Chewing can become more difficult and less effective, the person may have difficulty speaking, and may even smile and laugh less because of the esthetic absence of one or more teeth. But what is the best solution? A removable prosthesis or dental implants? In this article, we will tell you all about these two dental treatment options. Keep reading!
A dental implant is essentially an artificial tooth root. The patient’s jaw bone fuses with the implant to form a secure platform on which a crown or prosthesis (artificial tooth) can be placed. If you are missing multiple teeth, a simple denture can be fabricated. Better yet, multiple implants may be used to support a full or partial denture. In the latter case, a dental prosthesis is attached to one or more implants. It is made with more than just one artificial tooth. Any dental prosthesis that is placed in the mouth, whether a crown or a denture, will depend on the dental needs of each patient. If you are having an entire set of teeth replaced, you will be able to choose between a fixed or a removable solution.
ALMONTE IMPLANTS CARLETON PLACE
Surgery is used to place the implants in your jaw. Ultimately, the success of an implant depends on the jaw fusing with the implant, a process known as osseointegration. This process is even more successful with hygiene maintenance of the gums and teeth by the patient.
CARLETON PLACE IMPLANTS ALMONTE
There are three types of prosthesis according to a person’s dental needs.
Simple single tooth prosthesis
This is used to replace a single missing tooth. For the support of this prosthesis, only one implant is needed, with one crown being fixated to the implant.
A partial denture replaces two or more teeth. Implants can be used in such cases to provide increased support and retention.
Full denture prosthesis
A complete denture replacement replaces all teeth in the maxilla or mandible, or both. Implants placed in such cases would improve the strength and retention of such removable prostheses.
FACTORS TO CONSIDER
ALMONTE IMPLANTS CARLETON PLACE
Here are some considerations regarding these dental techniques:
- Traditional Dentures often have to be held in the mouth through the use of adhesives. This sometimes requires having to re-glue the denture after meals. An implant-supported denture does not require adhesive.
- Normal dentures must be removed for cleaning. With the exception of an implant-retained removable denture, single teeth being supported by implants can be maintained by simple brushing and flossing.
- Dentures cover the roof of the mouth. With implants, there is nothing that covers the palate, with no interference with the sense of taste or other normal activities. Implant-supported dentures are made without palate coverage!
- Dentures can slip, shift or rock when eating or speaking. Implants and implant-supported dentures are securely anchored and do not move.
- Dental implants provide maximal chewing power and implant-supported bridges or dentures also significantly increase chewing power. They are securely anchored in place.
- Dentures can be hard to chew with, and you cannot eat many of the foods you like best.
- Dentures can move while you chew, which is uncomfortable and also makes chewing In fact, dentures generally only have 10% or less of one’s total potential chewing power.
- Dentures can click. With implants or implant-supported dentures, there is no clicking, making speech more comfortable and predictable.
- Dentures do not provide the necessary stimulation to prevent bone loss. The jaw needs to be stimulated by high pressure chewing to maintain its volume and density. Implants ensure that minimal jaw bone is lost.
The progressive loss of bone as a result of wearing dentures can cause facial collapse. Over the years, bone losscan cause the lower third of the face to collapse, creating excessive wrinkles, sagging skin, double chin, thinning of the lips and an overall sunken facial appearance. This can greatly age a person’s appearance. Implants prevent bone loss.
If you are considering undertaking any of these dental procedures, do not hesitate to consult with our Marchwood Dental professionals. They will guide you in your decision and accompany you in the dental process. Contact us!
Thanks for reading today. We hope you liked this article. Remember that if you have questions or suggestions you can let us know from our contact form on the home page.
Marchwood Dental Clinic specializes in implants and aesthetic treatments, focusing on the oral and dental health of patients in Carleton Place, Almonte, Carp and all of West Ottawa. We offer many treatment options and alternatives with cutting-edge technology to guarantee the quality of our service.
Contact us and schedule your appointment at Marchwood Dental Clinic serving Carleton Place, Almonte, Carp and all of West Ottawa today. Follow us on Facebook & Instagram for more information.
BEST IMPLANTS ALMONTE PARTIAL DENTURE OR DENTAL PROSTHESES
Do you know how to choose the best Almonte implants, PARTIAL DENTURE OR DENTAL PROSTHESES in Carleton Place? Not everyone is concerned with researching before opting for the best dental professional or clinic responsible for the health of their teeth. However, know that it is important to analyze in detail who will do your dental treatments.
Carleton Place implants: Best dental professionals for dental PARTIAL DENTURE OR DENTAL PROSTHESES Almonte
HOW TO CHOOSE THE IDEAL PARTIAL DENTURE OR DENTAL PROSTHESES? ALMONTE: UNDERSTAND WHAT ARE THE CRITERIA TO DECIDE WITH WHICH PROFESSIONAL TO START TREATMENT